A Table Set for Sisterhood - Book
A Table Set for Sisterhood - by Ashley Schütz & Ashly Jernigan
Take a closer look at impactful feminist icons through the art of cooking!
Explore an inspiring collection of recipes and stories from female pioneers, iconic women, and role models. A fully illustrated, colorful, and wholly original feminist cookbook featuring over thirty recipes. Whether you're cooking for one, two, or a bunch of friends and family, you can find tasty meal options for any occasion. This cookbook features easy-to-follow sweet and savory recipes for beginners or more experienced cooks, containing a variety of options perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or snacks in between!
By introducing these women through the medium of food – a dish related to their work, where they hail from (both in our history and geographically), and what they fought for– this healthy cookbook fuses the arts of storytelling and cooking while also celebrating feminist icons.
Some of the women featured include:
- Frida Kahlo…Self-Illustrated Tortilla Soup
- Malala Yousafzai…Cardamom Spiced Roasted Chicken
- Ruth Coker Burks…Rainbow Salad
- Angela Davis…Spiced Molasses Cake with Crunchy Lemon Glaze
- Aretha Franklin…Peaches and Biscuits
- Oprah Winfrey…Purple Potato Salad with Fried Capers
- Amelia Earhart…Rich Hot Chocolate
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg…Smashed Potatoes with Crème Fraîche and Caviar
- Lizzo…Vegan French Toast
- Greta Thunberg…Cashew Chipotle Dip
- Junko Tabei...Bold Peanutty Shrimp
…and many more!
- Length: 224 pages
- Language: English
- Publisher: Sourcebooks
- Publication date: June 13th, 2023
- Dimensions: 21 x 2 x 26 cm